iPhone and iPad apps
The latest and greatest apps usually come to iOS first and here are some.
- NBC Sports Live Extra: The official app is focused on providing video coverage of the event. You can use it for streaming live events, setting reminders for your favorite sport, and replaying events you missed. It is ad-sponsored so you will see some at the bottom.
- NBC Olympics Highlights and Results: This is the kind of application I will likely use more than streaming video where you can easily view your favorite sports and check out the results, latest news, videos, medal counts and more. It also serves as a second screen experience when you are viewing nightly NBC coverage.
- Sochi 2014 Results: This app is purely for those who want the stats and to see competition results, medal counts, and athlete profiles. You can also setup your own coverage schedule.
- Sochi 2014 Guide: This application is designed to aid those who might actually be at the Winter Games or who want to find out a bit more about the venues.
- 2014 Team USA Road to Sochi: This app covers Team USA and gives you information on how the athletes made it to Sochi, including Olympic and Paralympic competitors.
Info from a www.zdnet.com article written by Matthew Miller